Egypt league to restart amid protests and finger pointing of police

From The Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer Sat Feb 2 2013, 01:42:36

Mass soccer protests

By James M. Dorsey

Egypt's premier soccer league is scheduled to resume this weekend for the first time in a year amid concern about security against the backdrop of violent anti-government protests and the leaking of a court report that holds the police as well as fans responsible for last year's death of 74 people in a politically loaded brawl in the Suez Canal city of Port Said.

[view whole blog post ]
 See More    |     Report Abuse

People and Organizations:


You might also be interested in the following news stories:

Egypte:   Attentat √† la bombe devant l'universit√© du Caire (news)
Radio France Internationale
22 October 2014

En Egypte, une dizaine de personnes ont été blessées mercredi 22 octobre dans un attentat à la bombe devant l'Université du Caire. Parmi les blessés il y a ... [read more]

Egypt:   Joint Letter to the HRC Re - UPR Review of Egypt - November 5, 2014 (document)
Human Rights Watch
22 October 2014

Your Excellency, [read more]

Egypt:   One Person Shot Dead, Two Injured in Sinai's Rafah (news)
Aswat Masriya
21 October 2014

Unknown assailants shot a civilian dead on Tuesday in Northern Sinai's Rafah, security sources told Aswat Masriya, adding that two people were injured. [read more]



blogAfrica is allAfrica.com's platform to help you keep an ear on the African blogosphere. We draw diverse voices from around the world who post regularly and insightfully about African issues. Bloggers, submit your blog's rss-feed!